Discuss CTS - Quote for tomorrow - same old story in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mattle40

Why would you want to though? We all know about dot dabbing, some do it some don't, more do it than you would think I suspect! But why check over someone's work if its not a concern to you directly? It's unwise to make enemies in this world unnecessarily.

IMO, If I was going in to fix a cowboys work I would be highlighting every flaw and explaining why it's wrong and what I would do to fix it. Purely my opinion.
If the customer wants it fixing and in this case seems to be thinking the floor is fine, I would feel it my responsibility to at least look into it for them while I'm there
And I wouldn't count that making enemies.
Just my 2 penneth

C

charlie1

IMO, If I was going in to fix a cowboys work I would be highlighting every flaw and explaining why it's wrong and what I would do to fix it. Purely my opinion.
If the customer wants it fixing and in this case seems to be thinking the floor is fine, I would feel it my responsibility to at least look into it for them while I'm there
And I wouldn't count that making enemies.
Just my 2 penneth[/

so cam has been asked to quote for a repair on previous work? Fair enough

Yes the customer called tonight. Said the floor appears fine. Walls Are a mess and needs redone. Shall I not check the floor (wet room remember). Leave it to luck ?

These jobs are all over just down here its riddled with 'general builders' and people always say they are getting the builders in, assuming builders can do it all no?

They never seem to say they've got the tilers in ? If they've got the plumbers in they'll say that, they don't say they've got the joiners in ?

Down to the customer not choosing correctly or being conned with the talk no ?

Knock knock....

who's there?

Dot...

dot who?

Dot n dab of course!

Havent got time for full story till I get to earls Barton but here's a couple pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 39
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to CTS - Quote for tomorrow - same old story in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB