Discuss Customer quotes/contracts conditions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jeff the tiler

Hey all I was just wondering if any knows of a standard terms and conditions page that I could amend if need be for domestic work and commercial work to add to my quotations etc.

Frequently when finishing a domestic job I get " Can you just scribe this plinth in or put the cooker hood back or Cut the door to allow for the tiling etc etc etc".

Site and commercial work similar. "As you are there could you just go and have a look at something which is nothing to do with you." The old floor has a couple of cracked tiles could you just change them for us as a favour"

Before you know it you have almost lost a working day messing around "doing favours".:mad2:

I am now putting in so many clauses for example: "If the subtrate floor they have laid, which at the time of quoting had not been finished,runs out by a mile [okay not quite a mile!] then there will be addition charges for SLC or additional adhesive requirements. At £12 - £20 a bag before you know it you could be £100 out easily on a fixed price.

I have an appraisal sheet which I take to every quote which pretty much covers everything but did not know if any of you have come across some standard term and conditions I could doctor to suit whether a domestic or commercial project.

I will help anyone but time is money and it is becoming a bit frustrating.

S

Spud

when you price your jobs before you give any prices write a "scope of works" this outlines what work you will be doing at the end of the scope of works write a paragraph saying" Any work outside the scope of works is not included in this quotation and will be charged at x pounds per hour plus materials" ,I include in the scope of works verbal agreements such as " it was agreed on site that your builder will remove all flooring prior to commencement of tiling etc" this again clears up any confusion in the customers mind what they are getting for their money,
I am doing a job soon for a business law solicitor and I will be using his services to write up a terms and conditions contract for me which I can print on my quotations i

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hi there,just give them an estimated cost and list the work you are going to carry out...any changes to the job whilst doing it i verbally make them aware it will cost more and add it to the bill accordingly

i wouldnt make it so difficult with clauses etc etc it may put customers off just discuss how you are going to tackle the job and if you need to level a floor then explain you need to now factor it in

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Customer quotes/contracts conditions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Guys, I'm unsure what grout to choose for our latest project and I'm hoping you can help. We're...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB