Guest viewing is limited

Discuss customers lol in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

surrey
Priced a job a kitchen floor 2 bathroom on a friday , it went like this , kitchen floor had to be latex and expansion joint was recommend as new to old , both bathrooms had been plastered and where still wet , told them 20kg in weight only on walls and they would have to change tile choice, to tank areas as it would give them best results and would have to wait till walls had dried out, gave price and off i went, got a phone call on sunday saying price was fine but had another tiler that could tile it on monday , i said that plaster is too wet but they where informed that the other tiler said he could tile it wet as he would tank it and the tiles they wanted which weight approx 25-28kg per m2 as it was 600x300 porc they could have , as for the kitchen no need for expansion joint , so i said ok good luck, to me customers like that aint worth working for and its better to walk :mad2::mad2:

Last edited:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I think you're right. It's the tradesmen with the misinformation. It's a shame really but when they are after cash and not long-term customers, they will do it.

Shocking but true.

I'd have said to the customer, call any adhesive company and ask them the questions about the plaster, weight and expansion joint and make your own mind up which tiler is correct once you have the facts yourself.

D

Deleted member 1779

29490_393754932013_617362013_4225168_3707464_n.jpg

I see no wet plaster!

Forget starting Monday.. I can TILE RIGHT NOW!! :lol: :lol:

Thinks: Dont blame me when you are in your shower and a 600mm porce
drops off the wall and on your wet naked foot.

:thinking2:

Reply to customers lol in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

surrey
What member type are you?
  1. Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Classical ceramics ltd

Thread Information

Title
customers lol
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.