Discuss customers trying it on ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I got a call from a customer this week asking me to pop over and look at some loose floor tiles on a job our company done "a couple months ago" ,I couldnt remember the job but it may have been one my business partner dealt with I asked him to refresh my memory and he said a young tiler called Luke had tiled the job I agreed to pop over and have a look when I am in the area,he called back again tonight quite impatient as I hadnt made it around to his house within 24 hrs of his first call ,I called my business partner who reminded me that luke tiled the job around 2 years ago, I will still go and visit the customer and see whats happening with the floor but do you think he is trying it on by saying it was tiled a couple of months ago ?

T

Time's Ran Out

Luke may have tiled your original job 2 years ago and Luke may have gone back 2 months ago to do a freelance job!
Its not uncommon for tilers to take the work away from the employers that have provided the initial contact, the materials, support, and ongoing supply of quality contracts.
Once associated with a company its not uncommon for the problems to return even if you were not contracted.

T

Time's Ran Out

to be fair no tiles should become loose if layed properly after 2 years as im sure you know.However everyone makes mistakes,especially as its a young lad.I would Just get itsorted then everyones happy! and also as pete says will do your reputation no harm!

My slow typing missed this reply - and I couldn't agree less - there are many reasons that may cause tiles to become loose (look at the space shuttle) and from my dealings with Galaxy Tiling thier reputation is beyond reproach.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to customers trying it on ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently carried out work on tiling a fireplace for customer. I took my time and got the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
customers trying it on ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.