UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss customers who dont listen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rapidset

I have finished a job (travertine bathroom and porcelain en-suit) I advise the customer about the natural faults/properties with stone and the maintenance involved (he is an internet expert by the way). Six weeks later he is refusing to pay. I am time served and have been in the trade for over 25yrs. Both rooms conform to BS5385.My invoice has not detailed aborted visits by my labourer and myself when double booked by the client with other trades(plumbers/plasterers)Anyway the invoice was issued to the builder and he will not pay as the customer is not happy with the travertine(variation in colour/and other nonsense issues) The plasterers and wooden flooring guys are also struggling to get paid. I would like some advice regarding the process of small claims court and is it worth it? should I load the invoice with the lost days?I have never not been paid.Last Saturday I replaced and re polished 6 tiles from 10am till 7pm I feel the clients are messing the trades around.Or do I walk away and put it down to experience?

D

Daz

I dunno where you are at with this, but the thread that Mike refers to is in the Tilers Arms so you will not be able to find it until you gain access.

http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-forum/7477-wheres-door-tilers-forums-arms.html

With your experience, I'm sure that you will be able to convince your client that you are correct and that you should be paid. Don't give up on this and call in the services of an independent trade professional for an unbiased opinion, if necessary.

Good luck,

Daz

Don't walk away from this mate,there are a few posts on here about the small claims.
Get the template letter off here and send it to the builder/customer saying if you don't pay within the next 7 days then you will be taking court action etc. If they don't pay with the threat of this then be prepared to wait a few months to get a court hearing. But it will be all worth it in the end if you win, I have just been through the small claims for the first time,won and been paid :hurray:. Really easy to do and you can file a claim on the internet.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to customers who dont listen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Hi, I am after some honest advice regarding a job I done a few weeks ago for which I haven't...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
just lost out out on a couple of jobs cos i was too expensive compared to others, id priced for...
Replies
Views
L
Hello all, My in-laws are currently having their bathroom refitted (first floor) and having...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
O
Dealing with bounced or cancelled cheques from non paying customers This happened to me a...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
customers who dont listen
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.