Discuss Cut mat and overly close wires... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jax Burnett

Hi, we have a bit of a problem, just installed a Climatech system in kitchen through to downstairs bathroom - we think the installation in the kitchen's fine as my boyfriend did it with my step-dad, then had to go to work so left step-dad to go through to bathroom. Unfortunately, he seems to have cut the mat to fit, :mad2::mad2::mad2: crossed a wire over it, plus put them too close together. Is there anything we can do to stop the underfloor heating being a total waste of money - because it looks like he's totally mumped up and the system's useless now as Climatech say "if the mat has been shortened (excess mat cut off to make a heater fit in the room) then it is not possible for the wire to be terminated and the heater to continue working" ........would appreciate any advice/help :smilewinkgrin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cut mat and overly close wires... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all! Late last year I decided I wanted a new bathroom installed. I spent a few weeks...
Replies
Views
trayjord
T
R
hi there I'm not a tiler but my partner is (24 years in the trade). My partner has recently...
Replies
Views
The dread strikes when the number of a customer appears on your phone several months after you...
Replies
Views
Evening chaps.. Run a small company installing kitchens and bathrooms & have been asked to tile...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB