UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Cut wall or cut tray in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DAVIDF

Hi,

I'm having one end of my bathroom made into a wetroom, I have a retired professional tiler to do the job, unfortunately wetrooms were not in vogue when he was working, so he's are following the instruction leaflet.

Everything's gone well so far, the subfloor drain and the marine ply subfloor for the wetroom tray are fitted, and all the remaining floor has been replaced with marine ply.

Unfortunately after we had done all this preparetory work there was a problem with one of the walls and we had to get a plasterer to redo the plaster.

This has reduced the recess for the shower tray in one dimension by 10mm, so the tray is now too big. There seems to be two solutions, either cut a 10mm channel in the bottom of the wall, or trim 10mm of the end of the tray.

Anyone got any idea which of these is the best solution?

Regards,, DAVID F

D

DAVIDF

I don't know the tray make, it's a white hard plastic like center about 20mm thick with a grey surface each side with a woven mat embedded; if that's any help. It was supplier with a complete tanking kit with primer, corner/edge tape and pipe membrane and waterproofing fluid.
I feel that trimming the tray would be easier, but I don't want to risk cutting it if it may ruin the edge. Cutting a grove in the new plaster would leave a much more ragged edge that will need sealing.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cut wall or cut tray in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi - we would very much appreciate some advice. In October 2020 we had a sole trader come in to...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.