Discuss Cutting 200mm (ish) hole in floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Really the setting out should have been adjusted to try and prevent this. Though from time to time the set out works better in other places if you did end up with a cut like this.

You may be able to use a wet cutter with no guard on it to take the bulk out in a sort of square, and then use Tile Nippers (a good set) to nip the rest out a very small bit at a time. Not easy to do, and even harder to explain in writing.

As a last resort you could cut the tile into two right down the middle and use a wet cutter to cut the two half circles out of each half. This is pretty easy compared to the above option but clearly it'll leave you with a faint line down the middle of the tile which may be in an area where it's not so obvious given the fact it's probably behind the loo?

You may also be able to use a large tile drill bit (Drilling porcelain tiles with diamond tile drill bit granite holesaws) and do 3 or 5 smaller holes near to each other and then nip or use a wet cutter to join them up and neaten the whole.

It's not the easiest cut to do and I can't think of other ways to get around it.

D

DHTiling

It takes practise... around 4000 goes but a quick speedy tap of the hammer can work..:lol::lol:

0.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cutting 200mm (ish) hole in floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Just had bathroom redone and very disappointed with tiling particular jagged cuts for drains. I...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I am having a downstairs small bathroom completely renovated. There will be a new...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
J
Hello all, I'm part way through a tiling job (floor and wall tiles) and I need to start thinking...
Replies
Views
J Sid
J
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB