Currently reading:
Cutting around radiator pipes/valves

While we have you, why don't you checkout our Plumbing Advice forum PlumbersForums.net

Discuss Cutting around radiator pipes/valves in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wilgold

Hi guys and girls, I am tiling my bathroom as my first project. I am on with tiling the floor and i need to no how to/wats the best way to tile around the radiator pipes. I have removed the radiator but the valves are still connected so just drilling a hole won't work (I don't think). A friend of mine had someone to tile his bathroom and did a rubbish job on his floor by cutting out a small square out behind the pipe.

So wats the best way?

Cheers

D

Deleted member 1779

Just to let you know a 40mm socket will let you slip the tile over a rad valve

tiledrill_3.jpg

Which can be capped off

tiledrill_6.jpg

My personal recommendation though is to bite the bullet and drain the system and get a neat finish

radiator9.jpg

2 x 16mm holes are perfect for rad pipes @ 15mm each.
But you have to do the donkey work and drain down.....

radiator5.jpg

Not ready to drain down? A 30mm will go over a rad pipe fitted with a
polypipe plastic cap. Once the tile is set and grouted then you have to
be FAST to whip the cap off, and the valve on. It can be done...

But put a towel down and dont wear your fav T-Shirt

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cutting around radiator pipes/valves in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed most of our floor to accommodate tiling 800x800 porcelain over an uneven floor. The gap from defrac...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Tilers Community
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF on Facebook

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.

Thanks for visiting the original Tilers Community.