Discuss cutting costs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

david campbell

after my thread about mapei white grout the other week i have went back to using bal microflex for my white grout,so with TG not stocking it i got the newly opened local tile shop to get me a few bags in.i was talking to the owner and asked if he was selling it to other traders but his reply was that they all say it is too expensive and are all using the bal wide joint white(torquiose/greenish looking bag) for a start it isn't flexible so needs admix so i'm slightly dubious if jobs are being done correctly and i also think it starts to discolour after a year or 2.has anyone else changed from there preferred addys/grouts to a cheaper brand to help with costs or think like myself that you are better off doing the job with better quality materials that will leave a better job?

D

david campbell

Davy i cant see past the sovereign white grout,6 individual bags in a 15kg bag for under £20..i love the stuff.
i've heard a lot of good reports about the sovereign,will try it out mate:thumbsup:

I agree with you that it's not a good idea to cut the quality of your materials to the detriment of the finished job. As for white grout, have you tried the Larson's stain resistant (blue bag). I think it's very good and is the only white grout i use for my walls.

who stocks it stewart and whats the damage?
i'll give it a try also:thumbsup:
ps-off for a ***
smoking-cigar-037.gif
....................lol:smilewinkgrin:

D

david campbell

Davey.. is this coz you is a tight *** scot... cutting costs :lol:
ehr
yes dave i am a total tight ***,the last time i dropped a pound it hit me on the back of the head as i bent over to pick it up............:lol::lol::lol:

as for workwise! i think if you cut costs it costs you more in thee long run,the microflex is 50% dearer for 10kg than th mapei blanco,but i would rather be happy with my work/materials than losing customers due to small time cost cutting

Reply to cutting costs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
Morning chaps! I have been lurking on here for a while now, gathering bits of information and...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
cutting costs
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.