UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Cutting dura ci+ into drain ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

s collins

I'm wondering how people are cutting dura ci+ in drain (tuff form)
Do you cut out centre the loads of small cuts to get it to fold in and then put bead of silicon under and the screw down sealing ring
Just done a test price and I can get it in
Or should I be using a price of dura wp
And making a gasket from this and then run the ci+ over it
Or are there easier ways
Oh and from earlier post it seem I need to use flexible cement based adhesive but don't want anything that sets really quick so any ideas
Thanks Simon

W

White Room

waste-adaptor-for-tuff-form.jpg
its your drain like this

the tray is waterproof, you fit the gully to the tray as instuctions show.

the gully for a tilled tray is not like the one shown on this thread, thats for altro or polyfloor.

your ci stops at the threshold of the tray.

the joint is taped with wp or a polyester matting bedded on compound and over pasted.

the walls could be tanked with wp and overlapped onto the tray perimiter or the joint taped and the walls pasted.

S

s collins

Ok the wall tiles are large format ceramic weight 17k per metre
I need to take tanking over the tray because I had to put some holes in it :-(
I'm wonder if I could put dura wp on the tray first up to thd edge and then over lap with the dura ci
I'm thinking the dura wp is a lot thinner and will fit the drain better
but then I'll have a few mm difference in height at overlap
Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cutting dura ci+ into drain ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
W
Had 2 blades delivered from ATS and tried them out on Porcel-Thin as my Montolit Pro-Gres seemed...
Replies
Views
TheNamek
T
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
You can find DNA blades for Tile Cutters at a very reasonable price from TradeTiler.com 180mm...
Replies
Views
hmtiling
H
S
Hi all, hopefully one or two of you can advise me, before I go out for quotes. I have an...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.