UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Cutting glass mosiac tile with angle grinder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MTiler

You can use a diamond blade suitable for glass, the finer the better (I use a Bisazza blade). If possible use a variable speed grinder or a cordless one, because the lesser speed of those grinders dont put as much pressure on the glass. Hold the mosaics in place with a grout float in case you slip.
Dont try and cut them in one go as theyre more likely to shatter. Run over them initially making a grove for a guide and then gradually work through them.

N

NZ_Tiler

scribe and snap is fairly easy, use this tool to scribe a row, guide it against a ruler to make it a straight line, then sandwhich one side of the mosaic between two blocks(scribed surface facing up), push down on the otherside and it snaps cleanly down the scribe. You may need to run a knife through the mesh still
cut-snap.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cutting glass mosiac tile with angle grinder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.