Discuss Cutting marble tiles around stone wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

react0r

Hi there. I am tiling my sons conservatory floor with creama marfil 20mm thick 400 x 400 marble tiles. I have completed the main area but now have around 50 edge tiles to cut to match up to the shapes of the widely varying stone walls. I want to follow the contours of the stone as close as possible to avoid wide grout lines at the edge. I will have to make a pattern for each individual tile, mark the tile and cut it possibly with my Rubi 250 wet cutter, but wonder if anyone has a better method of cutting so many varied shapes. Despite being 20mm thick the tiles fracture easily along the veins as I am sure you know. All suggestions welcome. Many thanks.

L

Leatherface

Hi mate, have done this before. It is basically the same process as if you were cutting ceramic tiles around stone. Offer up your tile close to the wall mark approximate profile with pencil first by eye, cut around pencil mark. Offer up again, this time use a finger between wall and tile as a spacer and mark with pencil again. Basically following the profile of the wall. Cut again and repeat until acceptable. For ceramic tiles i would use tile nippers, but for marble i would usually use wet cutter first for my initial cuts and then use an angle grinder for the final finish

Attachments

• 2008_09060391.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 56
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cutting marble tiles around stone wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
Hi, so I’m relatively new to tiling. I’ve got a job where the walls aren’t 100% flat but not the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Cutting marble tiles around stone wall
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.