Discuss Cutting out tacos in marble in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TMTservices

Hi mate, The rotozip is good for plunge cutting. Cant remeber the exact name of the bit but the one I use will eat through the marble. Does not leave a fantastic smooth finish tho, and will have to cut slightly short and file to finish, using tape to prevent chipping. How far away from corners is it?There may be something easier you can use, Im sure someone will let u know if there is.

A

Aston

hi

i cant see the images either?

cant you just dry lay your 4 square tiles, then position your taco in place and mark around it, allowing for you grout line.
then set up a template as a guide so that you can run each square tile through the wet saw and it will cut in the same place or set up a similar template with a stop mark and then you could put your tile in place, stopping it at the set mark and then use an angle grinder if you havent got a wet saw.

Reply to Cutting out tacos in marble in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Good day all. My daughter has asked me to tile a cooker splashback in her kitchen. They've...
Replies
Views
Hello, as a novice, I need some advice. Our landscapers have been doing a fantastic job so far...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Cutting out tacos in marble
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.