UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Cutting plastic trim? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bobbin

What are you guys using to cut your trim, normal hacksaw?
I have always done it this way, and for the metal trims for obvious reasons, but I noticed that Hep2O plumbing pipe is cut using shears.
Then I found this - http://www.*************.co.uk/modules/shop/view.asp?Prodcode=trim-mitre-cutters1
What do you reckon, will it work, I'm not sure if the pressure on the plastic will bend it out of shape?

B

bobbin

trim-mitre-cutters1.jpg

Well here's a picture of it:furious3:

G

grumpygrouter

What are you guys using to cut your trim, normal hacksaw?
I have always done it this way, and for the metal trims for obvious reasons, but I noticed that Hep2O plumbing pipe is cut using shears.
Then I found this - http://www.*************.co.uk/modules/shop/view.asp?Prodcode=trim-mitre-cutters1
What do you reckon, will it work, I'm not sure if the pressure on the plastic will bend it out of shape?
There are certain words that are set up to be automatically removed in the system. Unfortunately I can't tell what you had.:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I started using the cutters as thewy were used and sold on NETT course. However I have fu8nd that with especially thicker trims they can squash the trim slightly which makes the mitre not perfect so I have opted for hacksaw and mitre box.

They're ok on 6mm trim but what tiles do you get these days that require 6mm trim????

Not many...:grin:.....hacksaw and mitre box for me......:thumbsup:

P

peter241

View attachment 1424

Well here's a picture of it:furious3:

Ive been using these trim cutters for a few years and have found them to be really good for 6-9mm pvc trims, they will not cut metal trims and the larger pvc trims squash so you dont get a perfect joint. weigh up the amount of 6-9mm trims you use and if its as much as i use then its worth getting a pair. once you try them i guarantee you will keep using them, they save a lot of time

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cutting plastic trim? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
T
Has anyone got any recommendations for a decent tool to cut and mitre metal tiletrims?..I've...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
C
I used to cut them in tiny metal mitre block, but got fed up with it as the 2.4m length trim...
Replies
Views
Sean SML Tiling
S
D
Just a quick request for some experienced advice. I am attempting to tile my new kitchen and...
Replies
Views
danishblue
D
DURAL decoupling mat DURABASE CI++ The quick multi-purpose decoupling mat with shear-stop action...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.