Discuss Cutting raised profiled tiles. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

toast

I am after some advise regarding the cutting of a raised pattern/profile tile. The tile has wave decorations and is a large format 600mmX300mm. I have tried cutting across the tile using a rail cutter but the cut are not snapping straight and the blade often damages the glaze. Would it be best suggested that a wet cutter is used to make these cuts?
I have genisis rail cutter, that manages most other tiles.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
I cut mine on my Sigma with no probs but if you are having little success , then I would advise to wet cut them

pic of ones I did , ,1 mtr in length.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 225
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cutting raised profiled tiles. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Im going to be tiling my shower room walls and floor with some large format tiles as per the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB