UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Cutting slate... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mistral

My Clipper TT250.......... eats anything up!

Attachments

• 1.24725tt250g.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:
P

p20nty

Hi
DIY home tiler with big job to do - c 70 sq m of calibrated brazilian slate (will buy soon) Halway and kitchen. been reading forum posts because it will be sensible to invest in tile cutter (will need to do bathroom eventually too). De Walt seems pricey since I am a DIY'er. Vitrex 103450 wet tile cutter seems to get vg reviews on amazon from around £230.00. Can you offer guidance please. Also note you can get wet hand de walts for c£200.00. The slates will be 600x600mm. Will be tiling on ceramic tiles - do you forsee problems - again same area. Digging them up will be a gargantuan job!!!
Many thanks

P

p20nty

Hi
Have done many other smaller jobs in the past but this is a much bigger project 70 sqm. I consider the floor area a major task to hack up not least because of the dur say st which cannot be confined to one room. Also skirting was laid on top of tiles so that causes problems for a comined edge length of about 40 m. The existing tiles are in 'good condition' physically but glaze compromised in main walkway - hallway. So a good surface to lay tiles on top. Will mean though that I will need to install hardwood thresholds in 4 places to correct tile-carpet offsets created. I did consider getting my SDS for hacking tiles off but quickly dismissed it for this reason!! Do I need to 'score' these tiles or will adhesive provide a good tile-tile bond in this case?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cutting slate... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
What does everyone usually use ? Such a mix out there!!!!!!!
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.