Discuss Cuttter for 600x600 10mm smooth Porcelain Floor Tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dr_Gonzo

Hi,

I'm looking for the best way to cut 600x600 10mm thick smooth porcelain floor tiles. Last week I ordered a Rubi TS-60 Plus thinking that this would be up to the job; however just as it arrived I was searching on this forum and it seems that a few people think that the TS-60 Plus would not be sufficient and are saying only the TX700 would do. I'm a DIYer and the the extra cost of the TX700 over the TS-60 Plus seems a big push. The TS-60 Plus is brand new and, at present, unused. Accordingly, I don't really want to 'test it' on a few tiles only to find out I need the TX700 and by then be unable to take it back and exchange it.

I'm also a little confused over the best sized scoring wheel for whichever cutter I would need.

So basically, is the TS-60 Plus up to the job or do I need the TX700? And what size scoring wheel should I use?

Thanks.

Doc

D

Dr_Gonzo

Would you not be better hiring a TX ?

I've got quite a large floor area to do (60m2) plus a bathroom to do (12m2) and given I would be doing evenings and weekends I thought it may be worthwhile buying something. I'm also planning on moving not long after this project is done and will probably be renovating another property within a year or two (in which case I would need it again).

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cuttter for 600x600 10mm smooth Porcelain Floor Tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB