Discuss Darren from uk trade training in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

This question is for Darren. My name is Steve I'm 31 and from Swansea. I'm looking for a career change but having a mortgage and a family to support I need a faster way of learning. I want to work for myself and run a tiling business so I'm saving up to do the 13 day training that you offer. Would this really prepare me fully for running a business and tackling any jobs I come across? Also could you give a rough guide as to how much I would need to spend on tools? I'm a very determined and hard working person but the wife isn't to keen on me leaving the security of a 9 to 5 job. (even if the the money is rubbish). cheers in advance to you or any of your previous students who help answer my questions.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
Hi Steve
Darren here from UK Trades Training
Take the advice given above, We can certainly give you all the basic requirements that a tiler needs ie setting out jobs, cutting, shaping, fixing along with all the background and product knowledge on the course which will give you a full insite into the tiling world.
I cannot see any tiler requiring your service without this knowledge really as all you will do is labour, you wont get a chance of fixing and doing the job yourself whilst the tiler does the work, you might see a few things happening but that will be the extent of your learning so a mixture of my advice with the above would be the best i would think.
Dont give up your regular salary, if you are thinking of doing the course, get all the knowledge and skills you can from it and then take on some easy jobs that you can handle on weekends to get you started , this will give you a taste of what its like as a tiler before you jump ship.
When your ready just give me a ring and we will take it from there
Regards
Darren

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Darren from uk trade training in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
  • Question
hi all, I’m a plumber by trade, but want to learn how to tile for bathroom jobs and making good...
Replies
Views
Tiling Courses – Learn To Tile 2 Day Tiling Course An introduction to ceramic tiling and...
Replies
Views
Tiling Courses Virtually all private and commercial properties have tiling in them somewhere, so...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB