UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss David James Seaman new member, advice is needed please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

David Seaman

Hello everyone

I was a tilers assistant for about 5 years, left and have now been working in a bakery for about 5 years, I'm 32 now and last year I passed driving test (at last) and got a load of tools, decided I would try my hand at tiling on my own dropping a day at the bakery.

I have done small jobs here and there and they have built up my confidence. I have a lot of experience with natural stone and thats something I would like to get into in the future because its very rewarding.

The problem I face is I have no qualifications whatsoever even tho I have done some massive tiling jobs over the years. Problem also is that I am absolutely skint:nopity:
I'm thinking of getting a loan and sign writting the van, maybe going on a course or something, how important are qualifications in tiling?? I'm currently tiling my bathroom, I'm going to experiment a little then get some nice photos of that to show people.

Any advice is much appreciatted, cheers for listening :thumbsup:

M

Mike

Hello and welcome.
At present you do not need qualifications to tile on the domestic market but if you do any site type work then min nvq2 is required..to access your cscs card to tile.
i know the requirements are cscs card to get on site for safety reasons but who on site checks the 'tilers' are not just labourers having a go? on a site near me recently i asked a plumber i know who was tiling on site and he says the foreman was doing it himself! i'm pretty sure he's not got an nvq 2 in tiling but as nobody is policing this he gets away with it. i guess this will be happening in a lot of sites in the country and another nail in the coffin :mad2:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to David James Seaman new member, advice is needed please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.