UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss David in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dlight tiling

Have a question for you guys and hope you can help. We are currently tiling new homes and are tiling the whole downstairs area +-
60 square meters with under floor heating.
We have used ditra matt and expansion joints by all the doors.
Cracks have started to appear by door linings and in the corners of the room. Some of the cracks are splitting vertically. As in new builds they only turn the heating on one to two months later.
Is the screed sinking?
Also removed a tile in a house two month after tiling and water appeared under tile, it dried out but again is their to much moisture in the screed.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to David in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.