Discuss (Day 1) figured I'd share my adsb-b and acars plane tracker setup I built over time Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

(Day 1) figured I'd share my adsb-b and acars plane tracker setup I built over time Discussion Thread(Day 1) figured I'd share my adsb-b and acars plane tracker setup I built over time Electrical Advice

system is currently very much a WIP hence the janky mounting for the raspberry pi boards atm
eventually they'll be getting a case and another custom 3d print to secure them to the joist also

the raspberry boards are running of a tplink 5 port poe switch and also a decent cheap tenda unmanaged poe powered poe switch as I ended up needing an extra line and didn't feel like running it again lol

the pc does acars (currently feed Airframes - https://airframes.io with acars over iridium data from satellites in the sky)
It has a airspy r2 cable tied to the rafter beside it with a clip to secure the cables in place

the other stuff has a pi that does ads-b data (currently feeds a good few sites though my personal favorite is AIRPLANES.LIVE - independent unfiltered ADS-B and MLAT aircraft tracking. Learn about ADSB aircraft tracking and join the community. - https://airplanes.live )

the green sdr is acars also just it's the more old fashioned stuff and uses a antenna mounted just behind it

the grey antenna is a 1090 mhz antenna for the blue sdr and ads-b
the larger one in the back is a acars antenna from vinnant.sk (the of126s model iirc)

then the rest of the wiring is just either power or data lines and yes I know it's a bit of a cleanup (the box in the first image is removed in the past few days as I found the pi and sdr in it was getting too hot really

[ElectriciansForums.net] (Day 1) figured I'd share my adsb-b and acars plane tracker setup I built over time

[ElectriciansForums.net] (Day 1) figured I'd share my adsb-b and acars plane tracker setup I built over time

(Day 1) figured I'd share my adsb-b and acars plane tracker setup I built over time for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to (Day 1) figured I'd share my adsb-b and acars plane tracker setup I built over time Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
(Day 1) figured I'd share my adsb-b and acars plane tracker setup I built over time Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond