Discuss Day 2: Solar and Wind for Domestic Properties - is it worth doing either? Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Day 2: Solar and Wind for Domestic Properties - is it worth doing either? Discussion ThreadDay 2: Solar and Wind for Domestic Properties - is it worth doing either? Electrical Advice

I apologise for doing my day 2 late on in the bloody day again. I'll do my day 3 tonight. My daughter had her mate stop over so they were partying till 3 so I couldn't sleep until they were lol - now my sleep has been knocked out of whack. So I'll do my day 3 after midnight I think.

Anyway my day 2 subject is...

Solar Panels and Wind Turbine in a Domestic property; is it worth the installation costs these days?​

I know when solar was being installed on roofs across the country, often on OAP bungalows and the likes, that Solarplicity and whoever has bought them out, are still sending bills to an 81year old man I look after in my spare time. (From when me and Lou were doing chemist runs for vulnerable during lock down)

He's getting a 10k bill for the solar. Although it's a council property and they're meant to cover it. And they reap the rewards when they're earning.

Maybe that's a different thread.

But that aside; if people had the room for enough panels to cover their own use, and even a small propela (don't think they're an actual Turbine when they're small are they?) can you still gain a benefit to cover installation costs, and then cover your energy so you're not drawing so much from the grid, these days - or does the installation costs and equipment costs hardly get covered by the energy harvested by the stuff?

Discuss.

Day 2: Solar and Wind for Domestic Properties - is it worth doing either? for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Day 2: Solar and Wind for Domestic Properties - is it worth doing either? Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Day 2: Solar and Wind for Domestic Properties - is it worth doing either? Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond