Discuss Day 2 trade school and proving a point Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Day 2 trade school and proving a point Discussion ThreadDay 2 trade school and proving a point Electrical Advice

Ok so this would be my Day 2 thread. It's still Tuesday where I am so I hope that counts.

When I joined this I was in trade school, I chose the DIY role because it was what fit at that point, but it's been a while since I finished all my courses and graduated with decent grades even.
I didn't go to college due to how they handled all the COVID thing back in the day, I was supposed to go to college in 2020 but one thing lead to another and I dropped out, well, not like I joined in the first place, I simply didn't attend.

Got a job when restrictions were lifted but still wanted to you know do something, so I signed up for sparky training, I already had some background so it wasn't as hard for me as it was for others in my same class, I knew the basics how to replace a socket or install a light, mainly to avoid having to pay someone else to do it, as we couldn't afford to fix anything for years, our place had terrible wiring, ancient and with lots of awful botch jobs and temporary patches that ended up being permanent, etc. And being a big house the maintenance gets crazy expensive.

We were 2 lasses in the course but the other one ended up dropping out after like the first year when we got to service drops and outdoors work in general, you know trenches, poles, outdoors/road lighting, overhead lines for barns, sheds, etc. this was one of my favourite parts tbh and super useful, fun but heavy work. I ended up using this knowledge to bring power to our little barn a year later. The other girl was a little overweight, not obese or health condition fat tho, majority of women my age (early 20s) have a few extra kilos on them unless they're gym nuts or weird tomboys like me, anyway thing is she couldn't climb the pole even with the steps, or trench with the shovel (it's all done by hand here, no fancy machinery available) and dropped out. For comparison there was a fat guy and he climbed a pole like he was a cat, less than 30 secs and he was at the top lol...

Read more

Day 2 trade school and proving a point for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Day 2 trade school and proving a point Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Day 2 trade school and proving a point Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond