Discuss days like these ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Today's job was a kitchen splash-back in 150x75 brick tile. Nothing to hard.........when I arrived with the amount measured I was told they had changed their minds and only wanted 4 tiles high. I had allowed for up to the underside of the wall unit !
No problem as they would pay the fee as agreed.
Then I set up my hop up in the centre of the kitchen to place the cutter on. This gave very little room to walk around but it was fine for me.....The lady of the house then proceeded to bake cookies and do washing up then make tea and prepare food ....How the hell was I supposed to get the tiling done ?
All in all it has taken me all day to tile 4.5m2. My only bit of luck was when I quoted for the job, I allowed 3 lengths of trim. When I loaded up I put much more than I needed on. If I hadn't then I would have had a trip back home to collect more.
The job should have been done in a day but now I have a few hours tomorrow to do ! :mad2:

B

Bubblecraft

I hate that Neale. I've had customers like that who act like your not there or the place is full of crap & takes an hour to gut before work, even though you already told them to clear it before you came.

Was on the last stages of large fitted wardrobes today. Last day tomorrow at it.

yvutu4aj.jpg

(It's not actually curved, it's a panoramic shot as its that big I can't take a normal shot of it. 4m wide)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spud

Had to get the train back to Stevenage and got my tax disc sorted and eventually got the rac to bring it back to my house at 10.30pm
Tuesday I get one of the lads to collect me and bring me to work and the 2 tilers i am paying to work for me arrive at 10 o clock no apology or explanation, we run out of Ditra mat which is unusual as th job is 67 m2 and i purchased 69m2 and one of the late tilers tells me he has a dentist appointment and has to leave at 3 ,i am now fuming

S

Spud

but need to get the job done so let it go as he is normally spot on and he wasnt the reason they were late getn told by the garage that the repair to my van will be over 350 pounds and it wont be done until friday okay just get it done and mot it for me as it is due in the next couple of weeks
Wednsday day off wifey xmas shopping but i need to go to work out of hours and do some surface prep , wifey buys me a great xmas presnt so it was the best day this week

S

Spud

Thursday go to hire a van ,none available at Europcar which were th cheapest in my area have to go to an independant which costs me double ,get to work and have to work till 10pm to catch up on lost production this week still behind ,Friday get in to work and my makita 18v li ion impact driver has been stolen out of my tool box and so has my 18v li ion makitas drill driver nicked too
get a phone call from the garage van wont be ready until monday as it also needed a starter motor as it has packed up with the ignition switching problem going to cost double the original quote ,run out of tiles 3 short not coming until tuesday and the 67m2 job I had given a price for is actually 78m2 but i couldnt measure it on my site visit as it had a hoarding up and i went from the site managers word on how big the area is so i am totally out of pocket this week and need a beer

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to days like these ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi all. My daughter had a tiling job done in her kitchen while she was away last week. I stayed...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB