UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Dealing With Amatuers! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brodxx

Arranged with a new tiling center a 20% discount on tiles bought from them, they just started trading about a month ago, the owner is niave and stupid and is offering free adhesive and grout, anyway went to price a job this morning and he had samples from 3 different tiling shops, i finally persuaded him to go to this new centre as iwas happy with the square metre price and was willing to waive my mark up, so i offered him a 10 % discount on the tiles to secure the job! ha went to this centre and they refused to give me the discount due to the free adhesive and grout offer, what a ******! had my arguements over the phone with the owner and we both agreed to never trade with each other again. I rang the customer to explain the situation and he agreed they were wankers and amatuers but he still wanted me to do the job and said if it cost more so be it. I arranged for him to go to a different centre where my 20% discount is set in stone only to learn that the owner of the cowboy outfit was a sparky who knew nothing about tiling but was jumping on the bandwagon, anyway i rang john wayne to tell him hes lost the order (44sqm, over £1000) to a reputable company who knows the score. the halfwit rang back 10mins later to ask if he could have 20% of my fee for the job! I said he was doing himself a disservice with that comment as before i just thought you were an idiot now i know your just ****ing dumb. JUST ANOTHER DAY IN THE LIFE OF A TILER!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Dealing With Amatuers! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.