UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Decoupling mat...decoupling?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perfect Tiling

Evening. Query for anyone who may know thw answer...about 15 months ago I installed a tiled floor about 32 sq mtrs onto a concrete subfloor with wet UFH that had been down and in use for almost a year. There were some hailine cracks in the floor so I used a genesis G-mat decoupling membrane. The customer called me today to say the floor feels loose and the tiles seem to move when walked on together with sounding hollow when tapped. The tiles haven't come completely loose though. I'm sure Ive read (possibly on this site) that there were problems with the G-mat and that it came apart with the lower surface sticking to the floor and the top surface sticking to the tiles. I am going out to see the floor next week but just wondered if there was a problem with this product. If so...what is the solution...I assume a complete replacement is the worst case scenario...but who is liable to pay?? Thanks.:yikes:

D

DHTiling

Thanks for the info guys...is there a good way to check that it is a case of the two surfaces parting company without destroying the floor...and if this is the case can the customer still use it until it is sorted. As I said...I will go out next week to see it myself and then I assume if the G-mat is at fault I will need to contact Genesis.

The noise is similar to walking on eggshells i am told. And no grouts cracks etc..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Decoupling mat...decoupling?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I am going to be tiling my upstairs bathroom that has a wooden floor. It originally had wooden...
Replies
Views
We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.