Discuss DeWalt D24000 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Its just a pain, i had a bench/table cutter which i paid about £80 for, didnt have to turn owt over,just what i was used too.
when pay nigh on £800 for something and it does not perform like a £80 cutter, it kinda peed me off .
Still, its still smart though ;)

i think that's kinda misleading, to be honest.. I know what you're saying about the arm, but I can't believe you could get even close to the quality of cut with an £80 cutter. The Dewalt far out performs the Rubi bridge cutter I was using before, and that was about £700.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
To be fair beanz,i aint misleading anyone, i said its a good cutter but the arm is a pain in the arse.
.the £80 cutter was actually a cracker, got it from germany , cut like a dream, used it on everything.
The difference between the 2 is the dewalt cuts mitres much better and the plunge feature, oh and £720 ;)
But hey you don't believe me, don't .
Have a good day now :)

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Fair enough mate.. I just found it hard to believe, as I've not seen anything in the Dewalt's price range that cuts that nicely.What's £720!?! Lol

Im just using it on a 80m2 floor, it works like a dream on rhe 300x300 im laying, it is a great machine .(just the bloody arm, you must have more patience than me)
And im looking into buying the bullnose for it as well, looks a good bit of kit.

C

charlie1

Dewalt is good cutter but don't think for a minute you could ever set it up in someone's house as the propaganda suggests. It's also quite a heavy beast and yes the arm gets in the way. Now for the good points, it's cuts with precision and is very powerfull. Remember, the DW24000 was not designed solely with tilers in mind, it's more designed for general builders... I read that on the JB forum

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to DeWalt D24000 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Gents, I've got two cutters, a TS-40 and a TS-60, along with a wet saw. However I'm finding...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm struggling to get a tiler in my area since lockdown so I have taken the bold...
Replies
Views
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im a DIYer doing a lot of work on an old house we are f restoring. I have put down a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB