Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Diamond Blade in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi All,
At present i've got a Wickes 450w wet saw, about 5 years old now, its had many blades but would it be worth buying a marcrist blade for it? i'm also thinking of buying new wet saw, any recommendations? 90% of work is ceramics so don't use wet often, but recently done a stone and a Porc.

The Vitrex 750 is a great little cutter for what you do:thumbsup: Loads more power than what you're used to as well:thumbsup:

http://www.**************/acatalog/vitrex-750.jpg

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

the Vitrex has a 180mm wheel with 16mm bore but if you change the flange around a 22.2mm blade will fit perfectly. see specs on Tradetiler Wet Tile Saws
scroll down to the vitrex.

Cheers for that, good tip mate. I bought the glass blade 180mm then realised it was a different bore. I will follow your advice, I thought I had wasted my money. Nice one:thumbsup:

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

A diamond blade does not actually cut. Instead, it grinds. They have rectangular teeth (segments) which contain diamond crystals on the tip of each segment for grinding through very hard materials.
The bond is a term used for the softness or hardness of the powder metaldiamonds in place. The bond controls the rate at which the Diamond Segments wear down and allow new diamonds to become exposed at the surface to continue grinding with a "sharp" edge. The most important step is matching a blade with the right bond to your specific cutting material. In addition, the grit (size), hardness and concentration of the diamonds in diamond segments should also match the nature of the material to be cut. For example, the harder the material is, the smaller the diamond's size should be, because smaller diamonds are more easily able to cut into hard materials.

These are not my words,but an informative extract from a Wikipedia entry.
The full entry can be found here....
Diamond blade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi Paul,

I got the Vitrex750W, and so far it has been ok, but I am starting to think the red standard blade that comes with it is absolute pants, and should be upgraded asap.

Will be doing a small full bathroom in 12mm trav next week, so will let you know how the marcrist & 750w motor performs with it.

I get to use it first time on Monday, sow ill let you know how I get on.

Reply to Diamond Blade in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all - I have a question about some cracked grout in my wet area shower, I've attached a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Diamond Blade
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.