Discuss Did I ruin my shower tiles? in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

myersgg

TF
NC
I had a pretty bad case of efflorescence in my shower so I used a cleaner from home depot and a lot of scrubbing to remove it. Well all the thick stuff is gone, but now my tiles look very pale unless wet (see image for wet vs dry). Are they ruined or is there something I can put on them now to bring back the color (or make them always look wet)?

Thanks!

MVIMG_20190904_084414.jpg

myersgg

TF
NC
OK sounds like I need to try to enhance and seal, is there a product that someone would recommend for that? Here is one I was considering trying: Miracle Sealants Seal and Enhance Miracle Sealants SEENPT6 511 Seal & Enhance Color & Gloss Enhancers, Pint, Clear - Household Wood Stains - Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Sealants-SEENPT6-Enhance-Enhancers/dp/B000VX7HHK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 Would that be good or do you think there's a better option?

Thanks for your help!!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
H

hmtiling

OK sounds like I need to try to enhance and seal, is there a product that someone would recommend for that? Here is one I was considering trying: Miracle Sealants Seal and Enhance Miracle Sealants SEENPT6 511 Seal & Enhance Color & Gloss Enhancers, Pint, Clear - Household Wood Stains - Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Sealants-SEENPT6-Enhance-Enhancers/dp/B000VX7HHK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 Would that be good or do you think there's a better option?

Thanks for your help!!
Ring their technical department first as some aren't suitable for wet areas

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Lithofin, HG, a couple of other names to try on Amazon and eBay. But find their technical departments. Or email their UK ones and they should forward you to the supplier over there. And at least give you advice.

They are pretty decent over here. If you mention you've come from the forum they should help you out via email. It's all usual responses they're giving out quickly.

Upvote 0
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Did I ruin my shower tiles? in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey. I doing my first walk-in tiled shower. The shower is 4’x8’. Most of the floor is covered...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB