Discuss Diehl AKO Platinum Inverter 4300S Help Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Diehl AKO Platinum Inverter 4300S Help Discussion ThreadDiehl AKO Platinum Inverter 4300S Help Electrical Advice

Good evening all - I used to be a member of this forum ages ago, but couldn't work out what my username and old email address was, so decided it was easier to register again.

Many years ago, (2012?) at home I had installed a 4kw system - 20 panels with a Diehl AKO Platinum Inverter 4300S. We had it installed just six days before the really good FIT rate reduced by half. All was good until yesterday.

As we had some spare space on the roof, a while ago, I took the decision to put another 8 panels up and get another inverter and run them as two totally separate systems.

OK, so I know I'm not really supposed to do this, as I'd need permission to feed it back into the system, but as I'm not actually charging for the excess power I produced, I figure no-one is going to worry that much.

My panels are identical to the old ones, and my new inverter is a Diehl AKO Platinum Inverter 3800S. I decided to go for the smaller inverter as I don't have as many panels.

Both systems have separate DC isolators, separate AC isolators, separate generation meters. They really are completely separate.

As I say, all was fine until yesterday, but (foolishly), I connected an ethernet cable between the two inverters to link them with our solar-logging device, and that's where my problems have started.

The original inverter now shows an error of 257 which I understand is some sort of comms error.

Is there any way of doing a factory re-set on the inverter to see if that will clear the error, or failing that if it's beyond help, there's a guy selling second hand units on eBay which is pretty tempting as they're a fraction of the price of a new one.

I'd really appreciate any help/advice anyone is able to give me, as I've now got a system which isn't producing anything!

Many thanks in anticipation.

Diehl AKO Platinum Inverter 4300S Help for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Diehl AKO Platinum Inverter 4300S Help Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Diehl AKO Platinum Inverter 4300S Help Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond