Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Different tiles in same box!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Davesax

:yikes:
Anxious to get a good start this am - I start tiling but after laying 4/5 ceramic ' reflection white ' ( mottled ) from TG , start having problems keeping my lines in .
As it was a continuation along the same wall from yesterday I was finding it really frustrating and kept convincing myself that my levels were wrong and that the tiles couldn't be a different size . ..until I noticed some plain ' gloss ' tiles from the same factory were mixed in . They are indeed slightly differently sized and weere the cause of my concern .
Releived that it wasn't my work but annoyed that i've lost a mornings work and half a tub of addy!!
Needless to say i'm now checking every tile that goes up , TG have said they'll bring a new box out to me , I think i'll ask for some more white star too .
Just incase anyone else is using these , they are the 25 x 33 ceramic ' reflection white ' .

Last edited by a moderator:
P

paul flight

hi dave , same as we started tiling a bathroom walls today 405 x305 flax limestone on walls but in the shower the customer wanted 305 x 305 polished jerusalem ramon. it look ok with the contrast in size and colour fixed about 3 boxs of the 305x305 and the grout lines started to wander . so we remove the 3 or 4 tiles that seemed to be the problem ! got my tap on them and they where out by 1mm on one edge . what a pain !! we are having to check every tile now and using the odd ones for cuts. if a DIY guy had got these in his order the job would have end up a right mess.:mad2:

Reply to Different tiles in same box!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Can anyone suggest how I might find some of these (or something very similar from another...
Replies
Views
This is the tiling on a Victorian house bathroom floor after a renovation. Is this alignment /...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Different tiles in same box!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.