Discuss Difficulty in removing grout from face of tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

I'm having difficulty cleaning the grout residue from the face of the tiles (which have a matt surface). Is this possibly because I've left the grout to dry for too long before cleaning? Have tried an acid based cleaner but this has taken the colour out of the grout so it's now much paler. Still got patches of grout on tiles. Can anybody suggest a good cleaner that wont damage grout further?
Hope you can help as the tiles dont look entirely clean. Thanks

Reply to Difficulty in removing grout from face of tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
We inherited split face tiles on a feature wall in our ensuite. In my naivety over the last few...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the tiler did not follow the manufactures instructions for mixing up the two part...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Difficulty in removing grout from face of tile
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.