Discuss Disclaimers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I think rather than going down the disclaimer route, you'd simply let the customer deal with any adhesive failures direct with the manufacturer. What you need to ensure, is that you've followed their recommended procedures to the letter. So make sure you download their technical data sheets and have a good read. If they recommend certain practises which means you'll need something else they make, tell the customers you need it as per their guides. Then stick on your invoice that as the customer had supplied their own adhesive, here's the number for the manufacturer should there be an issue with the products. And leave them the number on the receipt.

You'd still be liable for incorrect fixing etc, so make sure you stick to the british standards for tiling. And I can't see a problem then where you'd need a disclaimer to be honest.

If there was a problem, and the manufacturer came out to do a report, they can't really blame you for anything then (though may try), so would be down to tile related issues or adhesive issues or something out of your control anyway.

As above though, disclaimers aren't worth much. As a tiler, you're meant to stand by the work you do and know when not to use the wrong adhesive and not use it, not just put a disclaimer on something saying you knew you shouldn't have used it but did anyway.

merit

TF
ive been on a job recently where another tiler was installing the kitchen floor,6oo by 6oo porc,
new extension, i was in doing bathrooms for a company i subby to,kitchen floor had been laid ,unbeknown to the tiler it was gylon screed with underfloor heating, he hadnt come across these screeds before or the procedures for wet uh, customer phones me and asks why the tiles are lifting in kitchen after only 3 weeks,whose to blame? builder for not telling anyone sub strates and ufh, kitchen company for not asking questions , or tiler for not having the experience, tiler has to take it on the chin, improper tiling procedures, 30. grand kitchen to come out , floors to put right, scarifi ect , nightmare,hope his pli is up to date, if in any doubt about outcome of finished jobs walk away, it can be very expensive, remember your responsable for the work not the client

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Disclaimers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB