Discuss Discoloured grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

suet

Hi Can anyone help me with two seperate problems.

In my kitchen I have had laid dark grey Eagle polished porcelain tiles. unfortunately the tiler used a very pale grey grout which is quickly becoming discoloured .( I have a dog) Is there a product such as a dye on the market that could be applied over this grout to darken it. Also the tiler used the same grout around the edges where the tiles join the woodwork. Is this common practice?This is starting to crack - should a silicone sealant be used instead?
I would really be grateful for any help as my lovely new floor doesnt look new anymore.

In my bathroom I have a matt dark grey tile on the shower wall and floor. A black grout was used which looked lovely.However,after a week or so this started to fade very unevenly despite my using only water to wash the tiles with . My tiler was bemused, asked around and was told that salts from the tiles were seeping into and fading the grout. He then applied linseed oil onto the grout which worked for a few weeks but now the problem is reappearing. Any suggestions would be great. Many thanks.

Suet :smilewinkgrin:

D

DHTiling

Hi..

What you need to do is clean the grout with a grout cleaner..

This is good :

thumb_p_grimex.jpg

LTP Grimex

Description: LTP Grimex is the answer to stubborn grime, old layers of wax or acrylic and even rubber sole marks on terracotta and natural stone flooring. Suitable for use on glazed and unglazed tiles, this product is excellent for renovating old quarry tiles, terracotta, slate, stone, marble and stone fireplaces.

Tips: Pick this product if you have stubborn dirt and grime, greasy films, dirty grouting, old layers of acrylic sealers and wax, rubber sole marks on glazed ceramics and porcelain, old and tired looking tiled floors, soot marks on stone fireplaces...

Technical Data Sheet (PDF)

Then you can seal the grout with a sealer and make it easier to maintain

p_grout_tile_protector_aerosol.jpg
LTP Grout & Tile Protector

Description: A colourless barrier that helps to protect porous wall and floor grout joints from penetration by water,dirt,oil,grease and limescale, making treated surfaces easier to keep clean. Ideal for use in wet rooms and shower enclosures. Used as a top coat this product is an easy way to further protect natural stone and all other types of masonry surface.

Tips:

Technical Data Sheet (PDF)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Discoloured grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Discoloured grout
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.