Discuss Discoloured Limestone in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

faceman

TF
Arms
Northampton

I have a problem with a limestone floor which shows discolouring after grouting. It was sealed twice with LTP Mattstone before I grouted it but I.m worried I've caused some irreversible damage. I've seen other pictures of framing caused by grout but this is different. It is mainly lengthways down the two sides. I've tried some intensive cleaners (alkaline based) and they did very little. As a last resort I tried bleach on one and this worked quite well. Unfortunately it's still not good enough and you can still see the shading, especially in the sunlight. I'm looking for advice from people who have positive things to say other than fitter error (my ego took a bashing on this one). I'm really hoping someone has experience in rectifying this problem as removing and replacing is simply not an option. Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 50

faceman

TF
Arms
Northampton
This was a job I did back in the summer last year and the discolouration happened when I grouted it. I original just thought it was just moisture and would dry out. It didn't and since then they got darker mainly from dirt. I had a chap who works for vitra seal come and look and he had some success. Unfortunately it came back. I can't remember the exact times between grouting and sealing but I did it the way I always do. Flexible rapid white adhesive, Bal limestone grout. The thing I find unusual is its mainly the sides and not the ends which we're grouted the same way. Anybody know intense cleaning products for light limestone?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Discoloured Limestone in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm new here, a hobbyist DIY'er, and try to learn the correct and smart ways to tackle...
Replies
Views
B
hi everyone, sorry I’m new to this forum so please bear with me. Here is my dilemma & hoping for...
Replies
Views
Ben tiler
B
D
I work as a self employed tiler and after moving in to my new home decided to re fit the...
Replies
Views
Help please!
H
P
Happy Sunday people, I've been to look at a job this weekend, bit of a jump in what I'm used to...
Replies
Views
T
Hi Everyone, First time I've tried tiling and I'm having problems getting the tiles to stay up...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB