Discuss Ditra or not... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Quick survey please guys.

100m2 of glazed 60x60 porcs onto 1:4 S&C screed continuing through the house to concrete floors possibly needing SLC.

The cost is spiralling for the customer however I thought in my head I would use ditra for 2 reasons, 1) aiding the moisture release and 2) uncoupling to prevent any cracks under floor stress/movement.

I can not afford to not go belt and braces on this job so I'm either going to take it with ditra or walk. What would you do ? I have already had the answer I respect from a certain tiler how. ;) Just thought I'd put it out there for you guys and your input.

Thanks very much.

I

Ian

Green screed addy is a must, I can't decide whether I'd be willing to risk leaving the ditra off the spec list. It's a porcelain tile so in an ordinary situation ditra wouldn't be necessary. Much like yourself, I like to go belt and braces on every job, would I walk away if there was no ditra? In all honesty, I think I'd walk purely because of the moisture that's still going to be in that screed, will it debond the tiles? Will it discolour the grout? Maybe not but, it's a risk that doesn't need to be taken IMO. I think you've already decided what your going to do and you have to go with that.

I

Ian

It says 5-6 metres at a 3mm bed depth, if you use a 4/6 mm notch the bed will be 1 maybe 1.5mm so it will cover 12m+ trust me.
adaze7at.jpg

Pr if you read full post it's a 1:4 s&c mix not wet.

Svhluter said this...
When installing Schlüter®-DITRA onto a 75 mm "green" cementitious screed, a 10 - 14 day minimum drying period is advised. *Schlüter®-DITRA can then be installed as described in the 6.1 Schlüter®-DITRA datasheet (see below).

Please note, when selecting a suitable adhesive to adhere the Schlüter®-DITRA to the substrate, you must first ensure the adhesive is suitable for the background, also it needs to be a C2 category with the maximum flexibility of an S1 category. So for example a"C2FS1" category is suitable but a "C2FS2" or a "C1FS2" is not.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

This excludes tile master ultimate yet mark says his tomato is, 'fine'

Hello confusion

Last edited:
P

prceramics

Sorted mate you got it in writing I was only going by a phone call I had to them about tiling onto a 100 mm cement screed that was reading 85% humidity they said ditra would be no good because the screed was still wet and I would have to wait until it was down to 75% then they added if the screed was only 50mm it would be fine didn't really understand it but I am going with that advise and will wait until then and Tile without ditra

Reply to Ditra or not... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Dear all, First time poster here and would like you r kind suggetion. I am getting a builder...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm having the majority of the ground floor of my house tiled (35m²) and I'm not...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is my first post on here although in attempting to Google answers to my questions I...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB