Discuss ditra over chipboard... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

how many people do this ?

I know what I do, however I have just had a customer on the phone telling me her other price will be going straight onto the chipboard with porcelain tiles.

How many people out there believe that ditra is a magic mat that will solve all tiling issues with a rub of the orange segment !

He has just fitted £12,000 worth of tiles also, so I hope that chipboard on the ditra stays stuck for his sake.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
yeah I read your post from all those years ago John when I searched. Ive got the job like, Im more expensive in every department...but the tiler said 'aye its fine'

then I read that according to schluter it is fine...

wtf

im ready to give up...every job quote is a battle !!! then a battle at the end for getting paid. mother ducking london

Cockerknees, dubious race :sofahide:

T

TJ Smiler

Cockerknees, dubious race :sofahide:

Cockerknees lol.... Love it John

You know what the trouble is John, so many people who are not cockneys pretend that they are, and everyone also thinks that everyone in London is cockney, real cockneys (like me) laugh at these pretend cockneys because most of us are thinking why do you want to pretend to be cockney whats the big deal with us, cockney is just a slang like scouser or geordie etc so we never understand why haha

And don't even get me started on the Essex croud (where Cam works) they are the biggest pretend cockneys on the planet......... Not all of them mind, but the youngsters 18-25 all think they are from the East End and behave in a way is if to prove it!! Would love to get hold of a few of them and take them out in the true East End, they would be gobbled up.

Ok end of all that lol

W

White Room

Cockerknees lol.... Love it John

You know what the trouble is John, so many people who are not cockneys pretend that they are, and everyone also thinks that everyone in London is cockney, real cockneys (like me) laugh at these pretend cockneys because most of us are thinking why do you want to pretend to be cockney whats the big deal with us, cockney is just a slang like scouser or geordie etc so we never understand why haha

And don't even get me started on the Essex croud (where Cam works) they are the biggest pretend cockneys on the planet......... Not all of them mind, but the youngsters 18-25 all think they are from the East End and behave in a way is if to prove it!! Would love to get hold of a few of them and take them out in the true East End, they would be gobbled up.

Ok end of all that lol

The term Cockney has geographical, social, and linguistic associations. Traditionally, it refers to people born within a certain area of London, that is covered by "the sound of Bow bells". It is often used to refer to working-class Londoners in the East End. Linguistically, it can refer to the accent and form of English spoken by this group.

T

TJ Smiler

NIce one mate, and that's what is annoying about it. Because it is sort of beleived that Cockneys are from the East End loads of people (young lads who are not even from London but surrounding borough's normally) seem to think this means something!! Every time when i'm on a night out i here people chatting (well shouting) away in the pubs with this 'pretend accent' that sounds absolutely nothing like someone from Inner London, it's embarrasing to hear and they are more often than not banging on about how their grandad was connected with the Kray firm or something else normaly involving fighting. That's where it is annoying cos those of us that are Cockneys don't really think about it 'EVER' and as much as it something i don't really think about it can be slightly annoying because they will also act in a certain way, the whole 'football hooligan i'm hard as nails' crap.

Has always made me laugh cos unless your standing next to the church you'd never here the bells ring anyway lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to ditra over chipboard... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I have a 1940's semi and i have been redecorating my front room, no its my own...
Replies
Views
We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help me ... My kitchen was tiled over concrete floor but tiles were...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB