Discuss Ditra question again in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Luton
Personaly,I don't think you need ditra.25 sqm floor is not so big.Mind 5mx5m.Expansion and movement is nothing in this surface,maybe +,- 1 mm,just flexible adhesive and grout.
SchlüterSystems
user-offline.png

Official Company Support ; Can I ask how many sqm you sell now in Italy,or Germany?I was accredited by Schluter in '97.I try to find some contact and all the company where I work tell me noone buy anymore this product,too much problems after 10 years.True?

M

m3fitter

Personaly,I don't think you need ditra.25 sqm floor is not so big.Mind 5mx5m.Expansion and movement is nothing in this surface,maybe +,- 1 mm,just flexible adhesive and grout.
SchlüterSystems
user-offline.png

Official Company Support ; Can I ask how many sqm you sell now in Italy,or Germany?I was accredited by Schluter in '97.I try to find some contact and all the company where I work tell me noone buy anymore this product,too much problems after 10 years.True?

after 10 years ! that's all good for us simons70, its not a lifetime guarantee on floors.. if it lasts 10 years.. most people have moved, fashion has changed, commercial blocks have been demolished for tax reasons....

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Luton
after 10 years ! that's all good for us simons70, its not a lifetime guarantee on floors.. if it lasts 10 years.. most people have moved, fashion has changed, commercial blocks have been demolished for tax reasons....
Right......
In another hand,you can see tiles fitted 50 years ago,directly in to the screed still nice and strong,like you can see plenty tiles failed after 3 years with all engineering work and product.If someone want the tiles just for couple of years,why buy porcelain?why ask to use the special products? Not because is more strong and long life?Just use some linoleum like porcelain!Easy and cheap.

I have just done a 40m2 marble floor using ditra on to screeded floor the customer used the Schluter pipe under floor heating system with expansion profiles around the walls and one down the centre, the screed was 8mm above the system and according to the customer is designed to crack,this is the first time that I have come across this system,I have done plenty of wet ufh using ditra,but this is a new one to me whilst laying the ditra I could feel the screed moving.

M

m3fitter

Right......
In another hand,you can see tiles fitted 50 years ago,directly in to the screed still nice and strong,like you can see plenty tiles failed after 3 years with all engineering work and product.If someone want the tiles just for couple of years,why buy porcelain?why ask to use the special products? Not because is more strong and long life?Just use some linoleum like porcelain!Easy and cheap.

I don't think we can compare to 50 years ago, when tilers, used cinder blocks to level the walls prior to tiling, as you say but most floors will last 10-15 years, before they require changing, due usually to chipped tiles, grout ruined, not an installation problem though.. just products
we live in another world now, where things are changeable / throwaway, our trade is to satisfy peoples design needs, and not always long term functional requirements.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ditra question again in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
My tiled bathroom floor is new but I have moisture seemingly seeping up through the grouting in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is my first post on here although in attempting to Google answers to my questions I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 40m2 of extension joined onto about 30m2 of the existing house that I want to tile...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB