UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Ditra / which adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dfps

Hello,

Going to use ditra / kerdi on a dry solid concrete based exterior terrace in South of France to act as decoupling membrane and waterproofing membrane as the terrace is over a garage.

Having read the ditra website info they recommend un modified adhesives only as modified adhesives would apparently take ages to dry.

Can anyone please suggest some adhesives that would be good to use.

Maybe weber, mapei or rother products.

Please try to be as specific as possible and name the actual adhesive as over here in France things are not always the same names.

Thanks very much

Thanks

D

DHTiling

The quotes that suit your needs are..

The type of bonding adhesive used to apply Schlüter-DITRA depends on the type of substrate. The adhesive must bond to the substrate and mechanically anchor the fleece on the underside of the Schlüter-DITRA matting. Verify the compatibility of all materials prior to installation.

Immediately after the Schlüter-DITRA matting is installed, the tiles can be set using the thin-bed method and using a bonding tile adhesive that matches the requirements of the covering. It is recommeded to fill the square cavities with the smooth side of the trowel and to establish a regular pattern in the bonding adhesive with the notched side of the trowel in one application. The tiles are fully embedded in the adhesive. Fully embedded installation of tiles in accordance with the applicable professional standards is particularly important for coverings with high traffic loads and in outdoor areas. The notches of the trowel must match the thickness of the tiles. Please observe the open time of the adhesive. The adhesive bed over Schlüter-DITRA should not exceed 10 mm.

D

dfps

Hi Dave
Thanks for the reply but what about tiles to Ditra will a modified ahesive be ok ?
Will take a long time to dry because it is trapped between to impervious layers as suggested by the schluter.com site
or do they use totatlly different adhesives in the USA that air dry instaed of chemically set ?

Also the modified adhesives are much more expensive the ordinary adhesives in France as they are in the Uk so if they are not really necessary
why go to the expense.

Was originallyplanning on using a flexible adhesive as it gets pretty hot here and there must be considerable expansion and contraction of the tiled area
but if the ditra does this job do I really need a flexible adhesive.

Any advice greatful recieved.

DFPS

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ditra / which adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post here on the forum. Thanks for reading! I have an application for 1"...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.