Discuss DIY Bathroom - Guidance Please in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

J_lee83

Hi Everyone,

After lurking on here for a while, I thought it best just to double check I'm planning this job correctly.

We live in a ground floor flat built in 2009. Currently the bathroom has basic 15cmx15cm white tiles over skimmed plasterboard stud walls.

I am planning on taking down the plasterboard throughout the bathroom and replacing with Wickes Aquapanel as we are installing 'Polished Botticinio Marble' 60x30cm floor to ceiling. Am I correct in assuming we can tile straight on to the aquapanel, without the need to prime?

Would you suggest it’s worth tanking the aquapanel in the area above the bath, as we have a shower over the bath ?

With regard to the tiles, would you recommend sealing before tiling? Or just being tidy with the adhesive and sealing once on the wall?

I’m sure I will have more questions, but I think that will do for now!

Many Thanks

D

david campbell

Hi Everyone,

After lurking on here for a while, I thought it best just to double check I'm planning this job correctly.

We live in a ground floor flat built in 2009. Currently the bathroom has basic 15cmx15cm white tiles over skimmed plasterboard stud walls.

I am planning on taking down the plasterboard throughout the bathroom and replacing with Wickes Aquapanel as we are installing 'Polished Botticinio Marble' 60x30cm floor to ceiling. Am I correct in assuming we can tile straight on to the aquapanel, without the need to prime?

Would you suggest it’s worth tanking the aquapanel in the area above the bath, as we have a shower over the bath ?

With regard to the tiles, would you recommend sealing before tiling? Or just being tidy with the adhesive and sealing once on the wall?

I’m sure I will have more questions, but I think that will do for now!

Many Thanks

replacing the bathroom with aqua-panel is a great idea and there is no need to prime,personally i wouldn't bother tanking aqua-panel,if you are sure you can work cleanly then i would seal proir and after grouting:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

No need to prime the boards....just wipe over with a sponge to remove anysurface dust..

Use an alkali resistant jointing tape on board joints to prevent joint cracks from transfering to the stone..

A white adhesive will be need...serate the walls and also back skim the tiles with flat side of you trowel to prevent adhesive from shadowing the tiles...if you backskim then colour change (if any) will be uniform.

And use a sealer suitable for polished tiles...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to DIY Bathroom - Guidance Please in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello, i hope someone can give me some advice please. I’m planning on tiling our bathroom walls...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB