Discuss DIY Floor tiling job in kitchen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

V

Veitchy

Evening guys recently got my own place, and really want to sort out the kitchen. I thought my best bet is to start with the floor. Currently there is already old basic tiles down which I believe are council from years ago. I have placed a level down and they are pretty much level apart from where the kitchen goes into the bathroom where the row of tiles infront of door begeins to decline into bathroom no majorly but slightly. So to cut a long story short could you please help me with my dilemma and questions firstly

• Should I tile directly on top of tiles or use a self levelling compound?
  • Should I pull up the tiles? some are cracked and can be pulled up by hand?
  • Should I remove appliances and cupboards or baton off areas and just tile around them
Many thanks guys I look forward to hearing from you

Veitchy

Photo 22-12-2016, 18 19 50.jpg Photo 22-12-2016, 18 19 43.jpg Photo 22-12-2016, 18 19 35.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to DIY Floor tiling job in kitchen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB