Discuss Diy tiler needs advice on bathroom tiling grout/adhesive in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

silverpuma

Hi all, I'm an ex builder but have never tiled. But I am tidy and neat and love my spirit level (don't laugh!!!!). I'm tiling my small ensuite at home 6ft x 6ft with 600 x 300 porcelain wall tiles. I need 18sq meters including some for waste. I need the following advice:

1. How much grout do I need and any certain type?

2. How much adhesive do I need and any certain type? (should I use waterproof adhesive and grout everywhere since its a small area or only in the shower area?)

4. What size of spacers should I use and how many do I need?

Is there any sites on line with good deals on grout/adhesive and trim?

The local tile shop quoted me for 18 sqm of wall tile I would need:
4 x 20kg C.T.A. £79.96
1 x 10kg ivory wall grout £15.99
3 x 8ft Flat edge 10mm trim £44.97

It looks on the high side what do you think? All help appreciated........thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Diy tiler needs advice on bathroom tiling grout/adhesive in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB