Discuss Do I need to envelope the tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

joshtiler

Hi all, I've got a question about a job I am in doing at the moment. There has been a wedi shower tray Installed in the room and I am due to tile it with 300x300 travertine tiles which are split into 50x50 squares on a mesh. My question Is are the tiles small enough to naturally follow the fall of the tray or am I going to have to envelope them? Help would be greatly appreciated.
Josh

J

joshtiler

Thankyou very much for your quick reply :) It was because I wasn't sure it they were still classed as mosaics due the the individual squares being larger than mosaics I have used before. When I lates some on the tray dry they seemed to bend quite nicely to the fall. Also its my first time with a tillable shower tray do I need to prime the surface at all or are they ready to tile straight onto?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Do I need to envelope the tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
I am doing a shower tile installation on mold-resistant drywall and I am waterproofing with...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB