Discuss Do I need to use primer? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

focus

Hi I am not a tiler but a DIYer ! I have the adhesive recommended from tile supplier however did not get primer> Do I need to prime surface... tiling a window sill which has been repaired in parts with polyfilla (tiling with granite quartz mosaic) . Using the mosaic as upstand onto emulsioned wall Do I need to prime. Adhesive is mapei keraquick grey.
Any advice greatly appreciated

I phoned Mapei and they were helpful ..remove the emulsion and prime with Primer G .I have enjoyed reading some of posts on here tho! Maybe I should retrain as a tiler ... better paid than teaching too. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Where to start, primer is the last of your worries, polyfilla is no good, paint is no good and if your using mosaic and are a novice then you want to be using a standard set adhesive and not a rapid set imho

Better still pay a pro.

Exactly right Alan, :thumbsup: to all the advice above, but don't forget as a teacher he'll have plenty of time on his hands over the next couple of months :sofahide:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Do I need to use primer? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
I am going to tile over a small tiled floor at my own property. I do intend to prime the tiles...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB