Discuss Do I use mapei tape or hardibacker tape. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

provr6

Ive built my shower enclosure with hardiebacker and am going to tank it with the Mapei kit.

With regards to the boardjoints and the corner and floor junctions should I use the hardiebacker fibatape bedded in adhesive as well as using the mapei tape on top? Im concerned it will finish a bit proud.

The vids I have seen do not show any fibatape but I though this was necessary to minimise cracking.

Any special treatment required to screw holes or just paint with the Mapei?

Thanks in advance

Ive built my shower enclosure with hardiebacker and am going to tank it with the Mapei kit.

With regards to the boardjoints and the corner and floor junctions should I use the hardiebacker fibatape bedded in adhesive as well as using the mapei tape on top? Im concerned it will finish a bit proud.

The vids I have seen do not show any fibatape but I though this was necessary to minimise cracking.

Any special treatment required to screw holes or just paint with the Mapei?

Thanks in advance
The mapeband strip is textile backed to minimise cracking.
Just really hard to see on the vid.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Do I use mapei tape or hardibacker tape. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, Absolute newby here in terms of tiling. Having been doing lots of research and I think I`m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB