Discuss Do you believe this R-Value in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

V

vrytir

Hi guys, just about to install underfloor heating and trying to get insulation boards. I found 6mm thick versa backer board http://www.building-boards.co.uk/tile-backer-board/#.U5WCKnZ4CDg which has high R-Value 1.25 and it is only 6mm thick. Would you believe this? As 10mm warmup insulation board has u-value 2.7 (r-value 0.37), marmox boards 10mm has R-value 0.28 and Kingspan Thermafloor TF70 20mm has R-value 0.9.
So should I believe clam that 6mm has rvalue 1.25?
What insulation board would you recommend. Installing on to concrete and then laying oak engineered flooring.
Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Do you believe this R-Value in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey, this is my first time attempting to tile in my first home. Did a bunch of research last...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, need a bit of advise for a up coming job. It is a large kitchen floor, timber floor boards...
Replies
Views
G
Hi all, I'm new to the forum so please forgive any silly questions, I've taken on rather a big...
Replies
Views
E
Hi there, I wonder if you guys can give me some advice please? Currently my kitchen floor...
Replies
Views
Sarah sparky
S
B
Ok, After 18 months, I am going to remove the plastic sheeting around the bath/shower and tackle...
Replies
Views
blue_max
B

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB