Discuss Do you ever feel like punching yourself in the face? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Today I decided to use standard set addy on a floor.. I ALWAYS use rapid on floors, but decided, as this floor is all over the shop, that I'd give myself a bit more leeway on times etc...
Left the job this evening a little fed up with how long it's taking to get down, but happy with the work. Everything nice and flat, not even a mm lippage anywhere.
So, I'm sitting in the bath mulling the job over (as you do), thinking what a pain it is, and how it's a good job I used standard set......... Oh... My... God!!! I wasn't using rapid! Before I left, I walked over a section of the floor that'd been down 4 hours, and didn't give it a second though!?! Until now!!
What a clown!
I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be pulling up a couple of metres on Monday :(

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Give yourself half a chance Beanz - buy a ticket :lol:

I forgot to get one yesterday.. Was going to as well lol

I dont feel like punching my self in the face but have was annoyed with a customer today who got me to drive 2 hours to their house claiming to have a cracked tile it turned out to be a deep scratch caused by a metal hop up and a settlement crack caused as he had grouted in the expansion joints we left open for the silicone contractor

Need that don't you.. :( How come you didn't silicone the gap yourself!?! Or was it site work?

C

charlie1

I dont feel like punching my self in the face but have was annoyed with a customer today who got me to drive 2 hours to their house claiming to have a cracked tile it turned out to be a deep scratch caused by a metal hop up and a settlement crack caused as he had grouted in the expansion joints we left open for the silicone contractor

Oops...The customer gecided to have a go at grouting, why the hell did the not call you to queery the missing grout ffs!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Do you ever feel like punching yourself in the face? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Ok. Basically am i tilng right/prepping correctly? Full time professional tiler, nearly 15...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been asked before and I suspect all tilers have their individual...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB