Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Do you like these tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

RichTile

Hi all,

What do you think of larger square cream colour tiles I ask as I have been searching for a tile to cover 32m2 kitchen/entrance area. It is a porcelain type tile with a smooth finish that is apparently easy to clean. It is around 9mm and around £13 per m2.

I really like colour and texture of tile but I am worried it will not be a good enough tile for a 'high traffic area'? It is from B&Q.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I think we get the gist without the pictures. Generally you want a good quality tile from an actual tile outlet rather than a DIY shed, really. Though any full bodied porcelain tile will be the best for high traffic areas. Though I'd have a said if it's a domestic kitchen/entrance, it isn't *that* high traffic. A shopping centre would be really high traffic. A domestic kitchen I don't think I'd class as high at all personally but perhaps you have a football team for your family who come stay weekly or something?!

R

RichTile

I think we get the gist without the pictures. Generally you want a good quality tile from an actual tile outlet rather than a DIY shed, really. Though any full bodied porcelain tile will be the best for high traffic areas. Though I'd have a said if it's a domestic kitchen/entrance, it isn't *that* high traffic. A shopping centre would be really high traffic. A domestic kitchen I don't think I'd class as high at all personally but perhaps you have a football team for your family who come stay weekly or something?!

Many thanks for reply,

Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for. A high-quality tile and not the standard 'DIY-Store' tile.
I've been doing some reading up on it and I think for me porcelain is definitely the way to go, I have some samples of a tile coming this week that I think will do the job - 10mm porcelain. Also works out cheaper then a smaller ceramic tile I was originally looking at - 8mm.

:thumbsup:

Reply to Do you like these tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I have started to notice a wet pattern look on my Porcelanosa Marmol Carrara Blanco bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Do you like these tiles?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks