UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Dodgy Company Doing a Pheonix in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I hate these types of companies. Check this out.

A company named Group 3 Energy setup some time ago. They supplied gas fitters to landlords and the likes. Or were meant to. They charged a plumber £2k + to sign up with them. Nearly all plumbers (except some family members it turned out in the end that were all praising them on the forum) said they had nothing. If they said they had something it was a £25 gas certificate job 60 miles away from their patch. Questionable whether the job was available or G3E knew they wouldn't go, and wanted to log on record them refusing to go to the job. Naughty.

So anyway, months later we had that much feedback about them, people were put off. They contacted me to say remove the threads or they'll consider legal action. I told them to try, see what happens, they never bothered.

A couple of months later another one popped up, National Utility Solutions, people started to connect the two but with no proof, they emailed me to say they have no connection with G3E so that sparked my attention. I dug around, I found out their their website was hosted on the same server, and an old copy of their new website, had their old phone numbers on - matching G3E.

I posted this on the forum and everybody avoided NUS. They called me and said they had fired a director, and wanted to change the company, and could we please take the info down, I told them where to go and got quite defensive about my plumbers on the phone and asked them to refund some of the plumbers cash that they hadn't given jobs to, they did a couple. I never removed anything though.

Now a Scottish council contacted me today, with Liquidators details, they're folding. Again. I've posted this in all threads I can find, made a new thread about it, containing some advice (basically never pay anybody without seeing a job, and never sign up to contracts that don't list actual jobs to do etc etc) and then emailed the whole forum.

The email went out about an hour ago, and already I have about 20 people saying they got stung for £2k + (some good money in this scam I tell you).

Now the interesting part. I have new company names given to me. And I wanted to connect the two. A guy has said he's got invoices from when he signed up to NUS, and the invoices changed (he never noticed it) and now all include this new company's name not NUS. So they've just transfered the traders over to the new brand by the looks of it, and will be carrying on.

I'm waiting to get proof of this and will do a companies house check etc.

Nick Summerlad from The Mirror investigations got in touch about another thing last year, and I couldn't help much on it, but gave him details of NUS and G3E - He said he couldn't connect the two, and I didn't have time to show him how I did it using traceroutes on servers, and never got in touch with him again. If I can connect this newer company with the old two, it'll be in the papers come next month! And I'll do my bloody best to try!

We want all their directors listed on their website and in the papers, and all their scams.

This shouldn't be allowed. Police should get involved with this. It's commercial scamming / organised crime to the highest level IMO. And it's hitting the working class plumbers.

PRISON they should go. Yet they're all millionaires!!!!!! Makes me sick. They just keep swapping the director to a random young family member not connected to the firm when they fold, so that the millionaire uncle can carry on setting up dodgy companies!!!!!

RANT OVER ! Going for a *** now I'm p1ssed off something rotten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Dodgy Company Doing a Pheonix in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.